Google Sat View of City of Mansfield
Mansfield is located at 37°6'23?N, 92°34'52?W (37.106458, -92.581135)GR1.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.1 km² (1.6 mi²), all land.
- As of the censusGR2 of 2000, there were 1,349 people, 564 households, and 354 families residing in the city.
- The population density was 331.8/km² (859.0/mi²).
- There were 632 housing units at an average density of 155.4/km² (402.4/mi²).
- The racial makeup of the city was 97.33% White, 0.15% African American, 0.82% Native American, 0.30% Asian, and 1.41% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.59% of the population.
- There were 564 households out of which 34.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 47.0% were married couples living together, 12.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 37.1% were non-families. 34.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 21.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
- The average household size was 2.39 and the average family size was 3.07.
- In the city the population was spread out with 29.7% under the age of 18, 9.4% from 18 to 24, 25.7% from 25 to 44, 17.9% from 45 to 64, and 17.3% who were 65 years of age or older.
- The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 83.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 76.4 males.
- The median income for a household in the city was $21,875, and the median income for a family was $27,734.
- Males had a median income of $27,143 versus $15,216 for females.
- The per capita income for the city was $11,303. About 20.9% of families and 24.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 29.8% of those under age 18 and 33.6% of those age 65 or over.